Urban Pet Hospital seeks a compassionate, motivated, well-rounded small animal veterinarian to join our team. We are a privately owned, three doctor practice adjacent San Francisco’s Marina District.
What you’ll love about working with us:
1. Motivated clientele with ability to work up complex cases
2. The ability to practice high quality medicine the way you choose
3. A Medical Director and Practice Manager committed to helping you succeed
4. Flexibility in scheduling, including split 3 day/4 day work weeks
5. Generous guaranteed base pay plus production
What you may find challenging:
1. San Francisco is pretty popular; housing is expensive (see #5 above)
2. You will be expected to work some weekends and evenings (we are open 7 days a week, until 9pm on weekdays and 7pm on weekends)
We routinely collaborate with area specialists to provide exemplary care. We offer digital radiology (including dental), ultrasound, and in-house lab diagnostics. We provide comprehensive dental and soft tissue surgery. We have an excellent balance of internal medicine cases and healthy/new pet clients.
If you love being a veterinarian and want to practice a high standard of medicine but simultaneously have work/life balance, we are for you. If you have a sense of humor and a strong work ethic, we are for you. If you want to be paid commensurate with your medical knowledge and ability to build client relationships, we are for you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
1. Licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the state of California.
2. Ability to treat colleagues and lay staff with courtesy and respect.
3. Ability to work 10-12 hour shifts.
4. Ability to communicate well with clientele and build lasting relationships.
5. 1 year of small animal clinical practice experience with 2 or more years preferred.
6. Full-time preferred but would consider the right part-time candidate
Additional Salary Information: Based on experience level and skill set.
About Urban Pet Hospital
Urban Pet Hospital is dedicated to providing the best care for your dog or cat in the San Francisco, CA area. It is our mission to offer quality and comprehensive veterinary services with an emphasis on compassion and communication. We believe this is the best way to ensure each and every dog and cat gets the care and attention he or she needs.
We offer comprehensive wellness services for cats and dogs, but we also perform routine dental and soft tissue surgery, internal medicine case management and dermatologic care. We strive to be available for our clients for both their routine and urgent pet needs.
We are an independent, small business that provides the ability for doctors to practice medicine in the way they choose, while maintaining a high standard of care.